The videos found in this guide are a bit outdated; however, the steps are still the same. This tutorial is also compatible with tvOS 10!
- Make sure you’re using a Mac
- Make sure you have the latest Xcode available (Version 8.0)
- You will need a USB Type-C cable – Buy Here
- Download the latest App Signer here
- Download the latest update for Kodi found on the Downloads page
- Have your Apple ID ready
If you get an error saying no devices found, connect your Apple TV and make sure it’s selected on the top left close to the Play/Stop Buttons. When I made the video, I never had that issue. You can then select “Fix issue” and continue.
Note – Kodi 17 is the only version for Apple TV 4 at this time. There is no 16.1 or older. Kodi 17 is still in beta phase.
Stay up to date!
Make sure to follow the post below for news on the latest updates when they are available.
Find out what’s new in tvOS 10 relating to Kodi.