As many of you have probably found out, Covenant has been offline since November 2017. This means that if you didn’t install it before, the only way to install it now is from a wizard build containing the last working version, or from a zip file you find online. I do not recommend the second option because it is prone to malware. Regardless, there have been other add-ons that work just as great. Check out my add-on guides for more tutorials. In this edition of Add-on Showcase, we are looking at Incursion. This add-on is a fork of Covenant so it will look almost entirely the same. That is kind of the point behind a fork as it uses the code as a base for further development. Incursion offers the same categories you know and love from Covenant with the option to enable “trakt.tv” for managing your favorites. The great thing is that Incursion has seen many recent updates which means it is sure to be more functional than Covenant itself. Check out the tutorial below to install it.
If you do not have Git Browser, check out the tutorial here.
Make sure Unknown Sources is checked in System settings.
1) Open Git Browser
2) Select Search by GitHub Username
3) Select New Search and type nixgates
4) Select incursion.repository-0.0.2.zip
5) Select Install to confirm
9) Select Continue when prompted
10) Go back to the home screen and Select Add-ons
11) Select the BOX icon under the words Add-ons
12) Select Install from repository
13) Select Incursion Repository
14) Select Video add-ons
15) Select and Install Incursion
16) You are done